Solaris 11 Image Packaging System Basics (IPS) - UnixRock
27/01/2015 · As of Solaris 10 08/11 and Solaris 11, the Solaris kernel allows a user to be a member of 1024 groups. If you do not set this the default maximum will be 16 and if a user is over this amount he or she will be denied access to all share points.... As before, you can take inspiration from the server configuration file shipped with Solaris 10 or Solaris 11, /etc/inet/ntp.server. After setting up the drift file and the clients you're going to use, you can examine the other options and fine-tune them at your taste.
How to generate uuid in solaris 11? Stack Overflow
Sudoers (Super User Do) is third party tool which Unix administrator can provide the access to run certain command which equivalent to root for required user.... "Hai experts, Can any one give me an example of how to create a user's expire date in solaris 10 ? and what changes i need to make in the /etc/default/passwd file?
My Oracle Support
• Oracle Solaris is sometimes referred to as 'Solaris'. • Oracle VM Server for SPARC is sometimes referred to as ‘Oracle VM’ or 'OVM'. • The commands explained in this … how to cook a pork loin roast The root user is a role rather than a typical user in Oracle Solaris 11. This means that users do not lo in directly as this account. Users may still use the Substitute User , su, command to gain privileges of the role but they can only use su to switch to the role is the role has previously be assigned to them.
Add new user in Solaris 10 LinuxQuestions.org
Is it actually possible to implement this e.g. for root user switching to regular user account? Is there any difference between Solaris-10 and Solaris-11 wrt to this issue? Is there any difference between Solaris-10 and Solaris-11 wrt to this issue? how to create element on ab ark In Oracle Solaris 11 11/11, for a bootable ZFS root pool, the disks in the pool must contain slices and must be labeled with an SMI label. The simplest configuration would be to put the entire disk capacity in slice 0 and use that slice for the root pool. Bootable ZFS root pools are discussed further in Chapter 5.
How long can it take?
How to configure NTP server and client on Solaris 10 and
- How to Create the Solaris 11 IPS Repository Brad Hudson
- Oracle Solaris 11 How To Articles
- Beginners Guide to Solaris 11 Image Packaging System (IPS)
- solaris User home directory issue - Server Fault
How To Create Users In Solaris 11
25/01/2013 · Allowing root user to login directly solaris 11 January 25, 2013 solaris role , root , solaris11 kittykarate So you’ve got a fresh installed Solaris 11 box – and you can’t login directly as root because it is a role…
- To create a word list for the password command to reference, use the mkpwdict (standing for "make password dictionary") and point it a your word file. You can have more than one. To use a file
- The Image Packaging System (IPS) is a framework that enables software lifecycle management, such as installation, upgrade and removal of packages. IPS also enables users to create their own software packages, create and manage package repositories, and copy and mirror existing package repositories. Packages can be installed only into file
- Creating an alias in solaris unix. Ask Question 1. I can create an alias in solaris as below: alias x86 "some_command" I need something that i can pass an argument to an alias and that argument will be used to frame the complete alias. for example: there is a command like : ct setview 1.0_myname and for the above i write the alias as . alias sv "ct setview 1.0_myname" in the above command 1.0
- Solaris 11 sparc wanboot notes This page's purpose is to be a guide for how to manually configure your own wanboot server by hand, rather than being "forced" to use oracle's "installadm create …